The Washington Library Association (WLA) is a resource for libraries and the people who make them great! WLA is a vibrant and effective advocate for libraries, library professionals and library allies. It’s also a community where its members learn, grow professionally, develop strong relationships & have fun.
The Alki Editorial Committee Needs YOU!
If you're any of the following, you might be just the person we're looking for:
Alki, the journal of the Washington Library Association, is looking to fill two slots on the Editorial Committee (effective September 2016). It's a great chance to brainstorm future issues, determine the direction of Alki, and get involved in WLA. Committee members contribute both online and at annual conferences, and are especially instrumental in generating content for Alki. To see our current roster and the official duties of the committee, please visit the Alki Editorial Committee page. Interested? Contact Sheri Boggs, Alki Editorial Committee Chair, at email@example.com
- a thought leader
- a self-starter
- a fine writer with clips to prove it
- full of opinions
- looking for your next professional challenge
Registration for the 2016 HackWLMA Conference is OPEN
This October 14-15, join your colleagues on the beautiful Highline College campus in Des Moines for a two full days of preconference sessions and unconference-style professional development, including:
- Keynote speakers:
- Steve Hargadon, founder and director of the Learning Revolution Project
- John Schu, Scholastic's Library Ambassador @MrSchuReads
- Saturday session topics including Reading Advocacy, MakerSpaces, Information Technology, School & Public Library Partnerships, and many more
- Saturday evening OSPI Candidates Forum sponsored by WLMA and WSPTA
- Opportunities for professional networking and collaboration
- Exhibitor hall, local authors galore, and so much more!
Learn more and register HERE!
Save the Date!
WALE 25th Annual Conference, October 24 - 26, 2016 at Campbell's Resort
WLA Members! To renew your WLA Membership, please log-in by clicking on "Member Login" at the top of this screen.
Once you are logged in, you will be taken to the member landing page where you will find a link for Membership Renewal.
Have a question for WLA? Please contact us:
2016 WLA Bylaws